LIADO, The Italian-American Women of Today is privileged to have awarded $182,000 in scholarships to date.
The 2020 LIADO Scholarship recipients have been selected. Please join me in congratulating Sophia Diana and Bailey Vandewalle!
Thank you to all who applied; we wish you all the best in your educational endeavors! Stay tuned for instructions for the 2021 scholarship application to come later in the year.
Applications will be accepted beginning January 16th, 2020 and LIADO encourages you to apply early! Scholarships of up to $2,000 are granted to full-time post-secondary school students of Italian descent who are either:
• a recent graduate from high school entering their first semester (New Student),
• an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing (Continuing Student),
• or someone returning to school to seek a degree after having been out for a period of time (Returning Student)
• The applicant must enroll in an accredited institution for the fall semester.
• The applicant must submit all the required documentation by the March 31st deadline. No exceptions will be granted.
How to Apply:
You may need to create a Google account to access the online application.
Three steps are required (not in any particular order):
Fill out the online application - Scholarship 2020
Get a letter of recommendation from your current school. Only those not currently enrolled in a school may get an employer/mentor recommendation.
Have your OFFICIAL transcripts mailed or emailed directly from your school.
If a letter of recommendation is emailed from the student, it must be a scanned copy on a letterhead and signed by the writer. Alternatively, the person giving the recommendation can send a direct email from their school/work email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure they include your information so that we can connect it to your application.
Required documents that cannot be submitted online should be mailed to:
LIADO Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 7487
Clearwater, Fl. 33758-7487
Attn: Scholarship Committee Chairperson
• All applications are blindly evaluated.
• In the event of a tie score, the award will be divided between the two students.
• No more than two scholarship awards can be granted to any one individual in their lifetime.
• Scholarship award(s) will be announced by June 1st.
• The monetary award is presented directly to the student’s academic institution; paid at the beginning of the academic year to be applied toward tuition and/or other academic expenses of the full-time student.
• If a transcript is not available, an Interim Notice of Grades in Progress, signed by the instructor(s) is required. For Returning Students, please submit a letter outlining why you are returning to school.